This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Author or creator holds copyright under CC-BY-NC-SA license. A CC-BY-NC-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike) based copyright policy is a type of copyright policy that allows the author or creator of a work to grant others the right to use, distribute, and modify his or her work with some restrictions.
In a CC-BY-NC-SA based copyright policy, the author or creator of the work grants others the right to:
- Use their work with attribution to them as the creator.
- Distribute their work freely, be it in its original or modified form.
- Modify their work by creating derivative works, provided that the work is licensed under the same or similar CC-BY-NC-SA license.
However, there are some restrictions under this license, namely:
- Your work may not be used for commercial purposes.
- Derivative works produced from your work must also be licensed under the same or similar license as the CC-BY-NC-SA license.
- In this case, if someone wants to use your work for commercial purposes, then they must first ask you for permission.
So, the CC-BY-NC-SA license gives others the right to use your work with some restrictions, but still gives you the rights and obligations as the creator.